Although my sister isn’t due until November, it’s never too early to start drooling over baby shower ideas! We finally decided on her theme, which I will be revealing in the next few weeks! Until then, here are some ideas for you get started.
A few tips for deciding a baby shower theme:
- Decide first if you’d like to do a ladies’ shower just for mom or if you’d like to do a couple’s shower for both mom and dad. Both have their advantages- ladies showers are a little more traditional and you can usually do more games and activities. Couple’s showers are usually a little more laid back and not quite so girly (obviously).
- If the couple already knows which colors or theme they want to use in the baby’s nursery, take that into consideration. If you make the shower colors match or at least complimentary, they will be able to reuse a lot more. Plus, many guests use the shower colors as a guide for gifts.
- Even though I have some themes listed as “girl” themes or “boy” themes, don’t feel limited! An airplane or superhero shower might be adorable for a little girl, or a sunshine or nautical theme would be awesome for a little boy.
- Keep the couple’s taste in mind- if mom’s not super girly, she might not love a “tickled pink” theme. Showers are always fun if they match mom and dad’s interests- if dad is a pilot, an airplane theme would be perfect. If mom is a teacher, she might love a children’s book shower.
Pickles and Ice Cream Shower (source)
Little Miss Sunshine/You are My Sunshine Shower (source)
Tutu Cute Shower (source)
Nautical Shower (source)
Tickled Pink Shower (source)
Little Cowgirl Shower (source)
Strawberry Shower (source)
Tea Party Shower (source)
Sugar and Spice Shower (source)
“Born to Be Wild”/Zebra Print Shower (source)
Superhero Shower (source)
“Little Man” or Mustache Shower (source)
Noah’s Ark Shower (source)
Around the World/Travel Themed Shower (source)
“Rock” a Bye Baby/”Born to Rock” Shower (sourcef)
“Precious Cargo”/Airplane Shower (source)
“Shake, Rattle, and Roll” Shower (source)
“Batter Up”/ Baseball Shower (source)
Bowtie Shower (source)
Boy or Girl Themes
Dr. Suess/Oh the Places You’ll Go Shower (source)
“About to Pop” Shower (popcorn, popsicles, lollipops, etc.) (source)
“Cute as a Button” Shower (source)
April Showers/Sprinkle Shower from (source)
Golden Books/Childrens Book Shower (source)
Nesting Shower (birds nests) (source)
“Pea in the Pod” or “Two Peas in the Pod” (for twins) (source)
“Bun in the Oven, Burgers on the Grill” Cookout Shower (source)
“Mom to Bee” Bee Themed Shower (source)
A few more ideas:
- “Baby” is a theme in itself! Choose a color scheme, like “light blue and green” or “yellow and gray” and then decorate with matching baby items. This is especially nice if the couple is waiting to find out the gender.
- A gender reveal makes for a super fun shower! See here for more ideas.
- Animal themes are very popular- choose one animal for a cute shower theme, like elephants, monkeys, owls, etc.
- Holiday or seasonal showers are always fun! Have a “little lamb” shower during springtime or a red and pink “showered with love” shower around Valentine’s.
Stay tuned for lots more baby shower ideas in the coming months!
What are your favorite baby shower themes?